Business to Business
During the year 2020, The House Of Fennel's Creative Director and Chief Designer started to assist young designer with:
- Product Development
- Pattern making
- Small run production
Estimated lead times, this will be dependent on work load and collection size:-
- Pattern drafting or draping will take approximately 5 working days.
- Material Cutting & Construction of the toile/prototype/sample will take approximately 7 working days depending on current work loads and production planning.
- Adjustments will take 5 working days (depending on work load and collection size).
- Re-cutting of material and construction of adjustment for the toile/prototype/sample will take 5 weeks (depending on work load and collection size).
Samples can take from 3 days to produce up to 21 days for special fabrics. Timescales wholly depend on fabrics and trims. All samples are dispatched via courier and usually take 2-3 days to arrive on express service or 2-4 weeks with standard shipping.
Production will commence after the sample review, evaluation and approval. Approximately 10 weeks should be allowed for a collection of around 6/8 designs to be fully developed from strategic meeting and idea generation into final samples. This time is an approximate turn around time.
A per apparel cost is used instead of a per hour cost, this will be discussed during the consultation.
The consultation process may include:
- The properties, behaviour and characteristics of raw materials.
- Fabric and trim analysis to meet design briefs e.g. the function, performance, aesthetics.
- Contingency planning e.g. alternative materials, buttons, trim, notions.
- Testing of materials for suitability in relation to design and function e.g. bending, colour fastness, durability, impact, wash and fatigue tests
- Product labelling e.g. regulations, care, size, fibre content
Quality assurance procedures:
- Quality standards and specifications for production e.g. seam types, stitch types, tolerances, product finish
- Fault finding, diagnosis and rectification procedures e.g. poor fit, sizing, construction or finish
- Quality approval systems and control processes e.g. Inspection of materials and products during production, checks against specifications, spot checks, end checks
- International and British quality standards in relation to the manufacture of products e.g. British Standard Institute (BSI), International Organisation of Standardisation (ISO)
CONTENT CREATION AND PR
Based in Kingston, which is one of the biggest creative hubs in the Caribbean. We have a great network of creative teams, who pull/borrow our designed pieces through collaboration for their portfolio shoots, magazine shoots, celebrity pulls, editorials or influencer content shoots. The created images are free to use on social media platforms.