Business to Business
During the year 2020, The House Of Fennel atelier started to assist young designer with:
- Product Development
- Pattern making
- Small run production
Estimated lead times, this will be dependent on work load and collection size:-
- Pattern drafting or draping will take approximately 5 working days.
- Material Cutting & Construction of the toile/prototype/sample will take approximately 7 working days depending on current work loads and production planning.
- Adjustments will take 5 working days (depending on work load and collection size).
- Re-cutting of material and construction of adjustment for the toile/prototype/sample will take 5 weeks (depending on work load and collection size).
Production will commence after the sample review, evaluation and approval. Approximately 10 weeks should be allowed for a collection of around 6/8 designs to be fully developed from strategic meeting and idea generation into final samples. This time is an approximate turn around time.
A per apparel cost is used instead of a per hour cost, this will be discussed during the consultation.
The consultation process may include:
- The properties, behaviour and characteristics of raw materials.
- Fabric and trim analysis to meet design briefs e.g. the function, performance, aesthetics.
- Contingency planning e.g. alternative materials, buttons, trim, notions.
- Testing of materials for suitability in relation to design and function e.g. bending, colour fastness, durability, impact, wash and fatigue tests
- Product labelling e.g. regulations, care, size, fibre content
Quality assurance procedures:
- Quality standards and specifications for production e.g. seam types, stitch types, tolerances, product finish
- Fault finding, diagnosis and rectification procedures e.g. poor fit, sizing, construction or finish
- Quality approval systems and control processes e.g. Inspection of materials and products during production, checks against specifications, spot checks, end checks
- International and British quality standards in relation to the manufacture of products e.g. British Standard Institute (BSI), International Organisation of Standardisation (ISO)